Rockford Fosgate tower speaker combined experience, technology and passion for music and created a speaker that conquers noisy boat motor, waves or powerful wind. M282-WAKE marine speakers are more than a woofer and a tweeter attached to a can. They include a high-quality 8 inches drivers, enclosures conformed to marine standards and unique equipment to produce sound everybody can love.
The Rockford FosgateM282-WAKE M2 Wakeboard speakers have the following specifications:
• These marine speakers have 8 inches woofer and 1″ tweeter.
• Frequency response varies from 48 Hz to 22 kHz.
• The speakers’ sensitivity reaches up to 90 dB. It guarantees loud and clear sound.
• Thermo-Plastic Elastomer (TPE) surrounds areboth UV and Salt-Fog resistant.
• The gold plated polarized input terminals are designed and upgraded to resist corrosion.
• Aluminum alloy tweeter has a 25mm bridge mounted part.
• Removable 18-gauge grille cover is corrosion resistant and made in durable Stainless Steel.
Designed for the Waves
Durability is No. 1 Priority
Every marine grade speaker needs to be designed to resist harsh and various weather conditions. Different weather impacts such as sun, rain, snow or water influenceslike salt can largely damage your speakers. Rockford Fosgate has developed technologies that ensure high durability no matter what.
Rockford Fosgate M282-WAKE M2 Wakeboard 8-Inch Tower Speaker has a high-density polyethylene enclosure combined with a stylish stainless steel grille. Every component is UV, humidity and salt resistant.
The rotational C-clamp is made in cast aluminum and forms tostrict UV and Salt-Fog industry standards in order to preserve look and function for many seasons on the water.
VAST Technology for Better Bass
The Vertical Attach Surround Technique also known as VAST is an innovative technology that increases the effective cone area of woofers. By eliminating the complicated installations, Rockford Fosgate provides you 25% more cone area. The aluminum dome tweeter mounted on a bridge permits the giant woofer to move freely. This way, you can enjoy better sound and bass without spending extra money foradditional components for your speakers.
ICC Crossover Technology
The Integrated Concealed Crossover technology protects the elements of speakers by hiding them inside of speakers’ basket. The sealed crossover is 12 dB/octave high pass and 6 dB/octave low pass, and has an integrated tweeter safety circuit. With ICC technology, your speaker has cleaner and nicer look, which also simplifies the installation process.
The M282-Wake marine grade speakers include an adjustable C-clamps made in cast aluminum for fitting wakeboard tower tubes and rails from 1-1/2 inches to 2-3/4 inches diameter. These mounting clamps allow you to rotate you speaker almost 360 ͦ. This way, you can direct the sound wherever you want.
Rockford Fosgate M282-WAKE M2 Wakeboard speakers have the 8″ woofers. The woofers are designed with injection molded, mineral filled polypropylene cones. The TPE aka Thermo-Plastic Elastomer surround makes it resistant to all weather and water impacts. The molding technology guarantees a consistent cone density for achieving agreater linearity and clearness of the sound. The bass response is highly improved and distortion is eliminated by its lightweight and firm structure.
Rockford Fosgate M282-WAKE M2 Wakeboard marine speakers also use 1″ bridge-mounted aluminum dome tweeters. This way, mounting post does not require an opening through the center of the woofer.
Every Rockford Fosgate M282-WAKE M2 Wakeboard 8-Inch Tower Speaker package includes following components:
• 2 M282 White 8” Wakeboard tower speakers
• 2 Adjustable swivel C-clamps for speakers mounting
• 2 x 16″ Wiring harnesses
• 4 grommets made in plastic
• 4 Rubber inserts for applications with 1-1/2″ to 1-3/4″ diameter
• 4 Rubber inserts for applications with 1-7/8″ to 2-3/4″ diameter
• Allen wrench with 8mm
• Instruction manual in 5 languages – English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
• Rockford Fosgate M282-WAKE M2 speakers are corrosion, fog and salt resistant
• They offer highest durability in any weather condition
• The removable grille is made in firm stainless steel
• Factory plugs and parts can be easily disconnected when the speakers are not in use
• The 8″ and 1″ tweeter guarantees very crisp and clean sound
• With VAST technology, the marine speakers have improved bass without any extra installation or upgrade
• With very low sensitivity rating
• They require a lot power handling to achieve the highest quality of the sound
Due to technological innovations and development of technical capabilities, Rockford Fosgate succeeded in designing the perfect marine grade speakers for any outdoor space. Secured from water, extreme temperatures, dust or insects, M282-WAKE M2 Wakeboard 8-Inch Tower Speaker raises music-listening experience to the next level. Loud and clear sound, modern looks and eased mounting operations are highlights of Rockford Fosgate’s speakers.
Therefore, instead of buying multi hundred dollars speakers for your boat, now you can enjoy your favorite music for very affordable price. They have all the positive reviews from customers and remain the most popular marine speakers in today’s market.